About the Role
The Project Manager is responsible for implementing wind, solar, solar + storage and/or emerging renewable technology projects. Project Managers deliver highly complex and strategic projects safely, on time to budget and to required specifications and quality standards. Additionally, the Project Manager takes an integrated view of the project and most entities of the organization and forges strong links between all internal and external project stakeholders to ensure a consistent and coordinated approach at every stage. Responsible for maintaining a cooperative, motivated and successful team and ensures that the project is effectively resourced, and resources are allocated and utilized in an efficient manner. The Senior Project Manager navigates efficiently within the organization with business acumen on key industry knowledges including development, permitting, land acquisition, strategic procurement, construction & engineering, insurance, tax equity financing, and project finance. The Project Manager may be responsible for overseeing Project Managers or Associate Project Managers and is expected to provide leadership and mentorship to the team.
• Requires in-depth knowledge of the renewable energy industry, experience in negotiations, attention to contractual details, and ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis in the context of project management and execution
• Excellent solution-seeking, teamwork, leadership and communication skills which extend across all organizational and management levels.
• Power industry, renewable energy industry experience preferred. Specific experience in wind and solar.
• Expert knowledge of cost control philosophy and methodologies, estimating, change management, and document controls procedures required.
• Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint.
• Outstanding interpersonal oral and written communication skills required.
• Outstanding presentation skills.
• Extensive experience with Budgets/Scheduling, risk evaluation and statistical modeling.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple primes and subcontractor relationships simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple people from all types of fields of expertise.
• High energy, self-motivated, client focused individual.
• Able to travel up to 25% of the time.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Architecture, or relevant field of study
• 8+ years of progressive project management experience of complex projects and/or equivalent training.
• PMP certification preferred.